Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A New Step in the Process

     One of the things I love most about writing is how it takes me away from so much of the hustle and bustle of modern day living. That is until I have to sit in front of my computer and try to translate what I have written by hand to something I can share online. Of all the steps of taking a story from my head to this page, typing is the worst of them all.
    So, I have decided to elevate the problem by inserting a middle man, or machine more appropriately. There is nothing worse than trying to edit while typing, which is what a computer almost forces me to do. All of those fancy delete buttons and highlighting. This is where Truman comes in, Truman is my new Smith Corona Silent typewriter dating back to the 1950's. It's the best way for me to type up a second draft without editing myself to death. In the long run this should, in theory, make typing on the computer less troublesome. Anyway, rant done.


No comments:

Post a Comment